Thursday, October 31, 2013

"Old" Hollywood Glam Hair Style

 I have always loved the old Hollywood look! It was so feminine and pretty! When I say,"Old Hollywood," I am referring to the stars back in the 1950's and such. I am a fan of old movies like Holiday Inn,It's a Wonderful Life,Sabrina,and old TV shows such as,Leave it to Beaver,Dick Van Dyke, and I Love Lucy. These are considered ''classy'' in my book. I tried to play around with a hairstyle that reflects the style of that time period. (Not to mention the fact that the hot thing back then was fluffy,curly hair. Heaven knows I've got that covered!)




 I am really not good at tutorials,but I am going to try!
 This is what I started with,slept on,scrunched hair. I fluffed it up with my fingers;p
 These were my tools.
Revlon curling iron: It depends on how tight a curl you want,as to how big your curling iron is. I'm not sure what size mine is. It's not big and not tiny,so somewhere in the middle;)
John Frieda hair repair gloss: Just to fix fly aways.
A three sided comb.
A hand full of bobby pins.
Hair clips: I used these to pin my hair up while I curled the bottom.
Hair band: Just in case!
 I pinned the top of my hair up on my head and started curling my bottom layers. I think it is called the Mermaid Curl Technique. Instead of using the clamp on your curling iron,you take the hair and wrap it around the iron in a spiral. It gives a soft,loose curl(shown above.)
 Curl all of your hair this same way. Make sure to get every piece.
 For the bangs, use the same technique and curl it back. Take the curl,and fold it up. Secure it with a bobby pin.
 It was pretty easy;p I added some red lipstick just for fun! I can't wait to try out more styles like this!
-Emily

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gorgeous! the style is stunning on you.

Unknown said...

I love the look on you very beautuful!