Monday, April 29, 2013

Drab to Fab!

 
I finally got some fake TOMS:p
(Is it strange to be so excited over knock-offs?)
So of course I wound up with 2 shoe boxes. I can never throw them away! They can be used to keep me organized and store things. This time I decided to dress them up!
 Here are my boxes.
 I chose my fabric...I stuck with an old flower sheet and this black and white fabric I didn't know we had!
 I laid the top of the box out on the fabric and cut enough all the way around to sew to the inside of the box.

 I did the same with the bottom. Then I ironed them.
 I hot glued the edges to the insides of the box.
 I wrapped the edges like you would wrapping paper on a gift.
 So I had my box! The inside looked rough with all my glueing. Time for a lining!
 I measured the fabric,cut it out, and then glued the folded ends together.
 I did the same thing with the smaller box.
 My finished product:)
 So fun! I will do this with all my shoe boxes from now on!
Have a great day!
-Emily

No comments: