Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Bison Farm

Would you believe me if I told you that right through the woods from me is a farm full of Buffalo?
Sounds crazy right? Well I thought so too until one day my mom found an advertisement for it in the paper. "Buffalo farm, Foxwood Rd in Bethany,N.C......Wait what???!!"
 So guess what? It was true. Right up above my house is a real,working Bison farm!
I wasn't able to get fantastic pictures or anything,but......
 ...I was a little afraid to get too close.
 The fences are so high, it's like walking into Jurassic Park.
 I'm not sure how many Bison are on the farm,but I spotted two babies:) The head honcho is the one I have the most pictures of. Of course he was surrounded by females and babies.;)
 They sell their Buffalo for meat,which really surprised me because I thought Buffalo were endangered.
Can't wait to take more trips to see them!
-Emily

2 comments:

Abigail Fullerton said...

Sounds like you had fun!

David and Christine Keller said...

That sounds like fun!
We used to raise beefalo (a cow and a buffalo mix). That was so much fun!

Most people thought that beefalo were these mean cows. Our younger sister showed a 2,000 pound black beefalo bull in our county fair. He was raised by us so he was the sweetest thing!

It was a great experience!
Thank you for sharing!
~The Keller Girls~