Saturday, May 26, 2012

EZBun, Dr. Quinn inspired hairstyle

 Well, as of late I have been trying to do some old fashioned hair styles from scratch. I suppose this could be partially because I have been watching my season four of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman. She honestly has such BEAUTIFUL hair! So I thought I would show you how to do this style. I guess I'll call it the Yo Yo Bun.



This is the EZ Bun hair tool. Their website is here.
I used the brown one for this hair style because it blends with my hair color.
Pull your hair through the hole,twist it upwards,and pull down.
When you reach the ends of your hair, roll it up.

Then wrap it up:)
To show you the top of the style, I used my sister's doll since mine was already done for a graduation.;) (sigh....yet another one.) Divide the top of your hair into two sections. I only did one section on the doll, but to do your hair like mine use these steps on both sides.
Twist the section around and round.

Secure it with bobby pins.

I humped my bangs on top(before I started) and added a flower. It looks very antiquish don't you think??;)

I mentioned that this was inspired by Dr. Quinn, so I thought I would provide a picture:)
If you don't know what that show is, its about a woman doctor who moves out west and starts a clinic. I would like to say that,although I enjoy this show I do not approve of some of the episodes. Some of the things that are said or done I do not consider acceptable and I skip over them.
I hope y'all all have a great day!
Emily
P.s.- The picture is not the hairstyle that inspired me,but I couldn't find the one I was looking for;)

1 comment:

Emelie Claire said...

Oh I love that show!!!!!!

You did a beautiful job on your hair!
Wish I was THAT good!

Keep up the awesome posting!

Emelie