Friday, March 9, 2012

Feminine Fridays: First One!!!

 I decided to start doing a post every Friday called,Feminine Fridays. It is a post where I share pictures of things that make me feel feminine,scripture verses,vintage clothing ideas,old fashioned hairstyles,and more. Due to my blog button issue, I don't have an actual button for you,but if you decide you want to start doing Feminine Fridays as well here's what you can do. Make your own post on your blog. Save my Feminine Fridays picture and put it at the end of your post with a link to my blog=) I'm going to try to set up an inlinkz and have it on here for you to make it easier. I just need to get a bit more tech savvy;)
 Jewelry is one thing that always makes me feel feminine or girly=) I have heard it said that spiritually, we are God's jewels in His jewelry box. It is also a picture of how we should be as daughters of Christ. We should be as jewels.
Proverbs 31:10-Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.
This verse reminds me of what I seek to be. A virtuous woman of Christ. It reminds me to behave like a lady. To be soft-spoken,meek,humble,and kind. To be lady-like. In behaving like this, I will bring honour to God.
 This is a ring my father gave me when I was little. It is too tiny to wear now,but it is something I will always treasure. There is alot to be said about good men and fathers as well=)
 This is as far as it goes on my finger!


 (this is a Donna Green picture. Please do not use for personal use=))
This picture reminds me of something else I long to be one day. A mother. One day I want to be a loving wife and mother. I want to raise my children to praise and honour God.
Proverbs 12:4- A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
Proverbs 31:28-Her children arise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
That is the kind of mother and wife I want to be one day.
 I love lovely, old fashioned hairstyles. It puts me in the mood to watch Pride and Prejudice;)
So that is my first Feminine Friday post. I hope you got something helpful and encouraging from it.
If you would like me to put a link to your Feminine Fridays post,email me the link and I will post it on here. Soon maybe I can make it a little less complicated:)
Happy Weekend!
Emily

No comments: